NEC DSX Firmware v3.44
You can update your DSX system with the press of a single button if you have the following:
- A CompactFlash Card with 32 MByte minimum free space.
- A CompactFlash Card reader on your PC.
- The "zipped" system software file from our site and Winzip or similar "unzipping" software installed on your PC.
To load the system software onto the CompactFlash card:
- Connect the CompactFlash Card Reader to an available USB port on your PC and plug the CompactFlash card into the reader.
- Download the system software zip file from our site to your desktop.
- If you are familiar with WinZip, you can extract the file directly to the CompactFlash card and skip steps 3 and 4.
- Double-click the file you downloaded in step 1 to have WinZip extract it.
- WinZip will extract the files to a folder on your desktop
- Copy all the unzipped files (not the folder) to the root directory of the CompactFlash Card.
To upgrade system software from a CompactFlash card:
- (Optional) Back up the site programming.
- Power down the system and remove the IntraMail CompactFlash card (if installed).
- Power up the system and wait for it to restart.
- Insert the CompactFlash card containing the system software into the CPU.CompactFlash
- Press and hold the Reset Switch on the CPU.
- When all the LEDs on the CPU light and then go out (about 3 seconds), release the Reset Switch.
- The new system software begins automatically loading and the bottom two CPU LEDs start to flash.
- After the system software update completes (about 8 minutes), the T1/PRI PCB may automatically load updated firmware (which takes an additional 6 minutes). The LEDs on the T1/PRI PCB alternately flash during the firmware upload.
- The system restarts after the load completes with all the initial site programming intact.
- Once the system restarts:
- Power down the system and remove the software upgrade CompactFlash card.
- Insert the IntraMail CompactFlash card and power up the system.